When will [my favorite seasonal] be released this year?
That’s what we all want to know. HopSlam, KBS, Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye, Doozy, whatever your favorite seasonal is, you gotta get it. So, as a service, we are posting all the known brewery release schedules for those who distribute in the Kansas City area. If you know of a schedule or calendar that is available and not below, please contact us. Or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspirational credit is due to Porch Drinking, an excellent beer website out of Colorado. And many thanks to the breweries and distributors who provided the information below. That includes NKC Beverage and Central States Beverage.
- 2017-01-20: Rock and Run added.
- 2017-01-23: Double Shift updated.
- 2017-01-24: Deschutes added.
- 2017-01-24: Abita, Alpine, Bell’s, Bur Oak, Cascade, COOP, Defiance, Green Flash, New Belgium, Odell, Perennial, Sierra Nevada, Southern Tier, and Zipline added. Thanks, NKC Bev!
- 2017-01-26: Zipline updated.
- 2017-02-01: 4 Hands added.
- 2017-02-15: Border Brewing added.
- 2017-03-31: Dogfish Head added.
- The dates here are general. Do not head out demanding the newest seasonal on the first of the month. Call around and be courteous.
- As a rule of thumb: the smaller and younger the brewery, the more in-flux the releases and dates are.
- The schedules for many of the breweries are not set in stone. Depending on many factors, theses beers may be rolled out at a different time, or not at all.
- Be aware that not all the beers on these schedules are released in every market. Just because there’s a release on a brewery’s calendar five states away does NOT mean it is distributed to Kansas City.
You can jump to the calendars from the list below. Clicking on the image will bring up a full-screen version for those that are hard-to-read on the page.
January – Strong Ale Scale Up with Rebecca Pemberton
February V-day – Twins Cherry Cheesecake (22-oz. bottles)
February – Cinnamon Roll Porter
March – Priest Chocolate Mint Milk Stout
March – Anti-grabber Irish Red
April – Blueberry Kolsch
May – Great Conjunction Cherry Hefe
June – Aisle 12 Mango West Coast IPA
September – Scotchlander Wee Heavy
November – Pennywise Sweet Tater Ale
November – Magic Hour Chai Milk Stout
December – ORC – Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (22-oz. bottles and draft)
December – Twins Cherry Cheesecake (22-oz. bottles)
We wrote up some analysis and opinions on Boulevard’s 2017 releases.